1) Proceed with one of two entry options:
Option 1: Post one detailed, non-fanbased character sheet as a comment to this rules journal, then ask a mod to look over it. ( Here are examples of the detail we are looking for - Male Character and Female Character. )
Option 2(Beta): Post one detailed non-fanbased Roleplay Post as a comment to the Rules Journal, then ask a mod to look over it. Rp Posts should include one suggested setting, a conversation with another character, some inner thought, an outer conflict or an inner conflict. Posts will be evaluated based on descriptiveness, use of sensory language, character communication, and inner thoughts. These posts must be done IN THIRD PERSON.
The mod will either approve your character sheet or Rp Post, or guide you in making it acceptable. ( If there are no mods available, those in the Advisors privclass are available to help you with your sheet or post, though only a mod can promote you. ) Once your character sheet or rp post is approved, you will be promoted to a Member class and be free to rp with as many characters as you want, both original and fanbased. You may rp in RPDream if you'd like, or you can take your rps to a less crowded, private chat. The non-member (Dreamer) idle limit is 1 hour, so please check in with a mod while writing your profile to avoid getting kicked.
2) To Avoid Spam - Limit the use of icons, emotes, capslock, and stretching. Bold is to be used ONLY in rp requests. Icons are not allowed in away messages or RP requests. No large thumbs, small emoticon thumbs only. RP requests are to be no larger than 250 words. If you have a large request, please sub your text.
3) No advertising your art, chats, or websites.
4) The only bots allowed in RPDream are IAmABot, Jex-Bot and xLittleMisfitx.
5) NO DRAMA. Please use #RPDOOCOfficial for heated arguments, to petition a ban, or to put in a formal complaint to a mod. Feel free to use /ignore to avoid drama with other members, but keep in mind that you cannot /ignore mods.
6) RESPECT THE MODS. What they say goes. If you refuse to comply with their requests they will silence, kick, and/or ban you depending on the severity of your actions. Also, do not rush the mods. If you tab one and they do not respond, please tab another mod to see if they are available to help you. If no mods are available, the Advisors might be able to assist you.
7) Keep it PG-13. Sexually explicit roleplaying is NOT permitted in ANY chatroom on deviantArt, private or otherwise and is punishable by IMMEDIATE banning. Because of the sexual connotations, the following words are not allowed: Dominant-dom, submissive-sub, seme, uke, smuke, seke, top, or bottom. Please use MxM, FxF, MxF, etc to specify gender pairings rather than using the words Yaoi, Yuri, or Hentai.
8) No Multiple Accounts. If you would like to switch accounts, please log into both accounts and alert a mod. They will demote the old name and promote the new one. If you are unable to log onto your old account, please find a member to vouch for you, or you will have to submit another character profile.
* All rules are subject to change. We have a kick/kick/ban policy in place if you break rules 3 times in a 24 hour period. Consistent rule breaking over time will result in a ban or temp ban possibly without warning.
BETA Prompt Details:
(Make sure to not make your character overly-perfect or clichéd. God-modding (or being overpowered) is suggested against, as well.)
It is up to the individual to describe character appearance, settings appearances, time period, and anything else specific to an OC.
Suggested Settings: In the woods, In a city, On a spaceship, In a meadow.
Suggested Outer Conflicts: In a sword fight, Being chased, Drowning in a lake, fighting with a loved one.
Suggested Inner Conflicts: Wrestling with inner demons, worrying that a loved one is cheating, talking to oneself about their problems.
(An example post would be: An OC in a city fighting with their spouse about a mortgage, and it would involve describing the house, the characters, and using descriptive language in both the conversations and inner thoughts.)
￼ Character Profiles ￼
You MUST use this format. Please fill-in all fields with as much detail as possible or it will not be approved. Avoid overly cliched or perfect characters. ( aka Mary-Sues/Gary-Stus) Use full sentences instead of listing off traits. Use correct spelling, capitalization, and punctuation please.
Examples of what we are looking for: Male Character and Female Character
Age: ( If your character looks younger/older than they actually are please list both their real age and what age they look. Don't go overboard on actual age. If the age is very old, be prepared to make up for it in history. )
Species: ( If uncommon or made by you, please explain their species here. NO FANCHARACTERS. )
Appearance: ( Must be written in full sentences, not listed. Paint us a picture of your character using your words, you may link a picture at the end, but you MUST write an appearance as well.)
History: ( This should be at least 3 fully formed paragraphs detailing their life from birth to current age. Please avoid overly done cliches such as these: Dead parents, unexplained powers, child killers/assassins, raising themselves alone at young ages, being 'insane' with no explanation, etc. And remember, even if they don't remember their past, they DO have one, so explain it. )
Personality: ( How they act socially around different types of people such as friends, family, strangers, etc. What makes them mad/sad/happy and how do they react to those emotions? What are their fears and emotional strengths/weaknesses? What are their likes/dislikes? FULL SENTENCES, NO LISTING. )
Weakness: ( Must be a specific Physical or Elemental weakness. Emotional weaknesses and fears do not count and should be put in personality. 'Normal human weaknesses' will only be accepted if the character is human with no powers, weapons, abilities, or special training. Your weaknesses MUST balance out your abilities/weapons.)
Weapons/Abilities: ( Please don't over do the amount of weapons and abilities. )
Requested Class in Chatroom: Choose one of the following: Sword_Wielders, Spell_Casters, Battle_Mages, Long_Weapon_Users, Axe_Wielders, Archers, Gunners, Lashers, Short_Weapon_Users, Shape_Shifters, Fist_Fighters, Ranged_Weapon_Users, Multi_Weapon_Users, Mind_Users, Beasts, Non_Fighters )
Useful Links and Information
Sheeply's Roleplaying Guide for Beginners
Elvan-Lady's RP Information Guide
dA Notice: How to Discourage Predators
TheRainbowLlama's Tabbing Tutorial